[rollei_list] Re: Back-Focus and Retro-Focus ...

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:34:33 -0700 (PDT)

<---John Wild wrote:
<Not that I have studied a Pentagon Six or similar in depth but some
<things have always stood out when I have seen one. Firstly that the
<viewing screen appears smaller than a Rollei/Hasselblad; secondly that
<the lens throat seems closer to the film back than a Rollei/Hasselblad
<and thirdly that the viewfinder hood seems higher above the optical axis
<than on a Rollei/Hasselblad...."

I found some additional info about why you can't use Kiev 60 and Pentacon Six
lenses for a normal Kiev 88 -Hasselblad 1000F/1600F copy-, it seems the general
camera and lenses construction have to do with our topic:

_"Can I use Kiev 60 and Pentacon 6 lenses on a normal Kiev 88?_
"No, you can't. The registration distance (distance from the lens flange to the
film) is shorter on the Kiev 60 and Pentacon 6 than it is on the Kiev 88. To
use a Kiev 60 or Pentacon 6 lens on a Kiev 88, the lens would have to be
recessed into the camera body which is something no simple adapter can achieve.
"It would be possible to construct an adapter with an negative element in it
which would allow use of Kiev 60 and Pentacon 6 lenses on a Kiev 88, however
such an adapter is not known to exist. If it existed, such an adapter would
probably be expensive and possibly degrade image quality significantly.
"The most common route taken is to change the mount on a Kiev 88 body,
recessing it into the body and converting it to Kiev 60 breech lock mount (as
in the Kiev 88CM) or to a Pentacon 6 bayonet "twist-and-lock" mount (Kiev USA
and Hartblei).
"Without recessing a Kiev 60 or Pentacon 6 lens into the Kiev 88 body or
without using a negative element, these lenses would not be able to focus to
infinity on the Kiev 88..." (almost at the end of the page, please don't
confuse the normal Kiev 88 body with the Kiev 88 CM that can use
Kiev60/Pentacon Six lenses http://www.kievaholic.com/faq_kiev88.html)

And here a detailed lens diagram about the Vega 12b for several eastern MF
cameras including Kiev 60 and Pentacon Six, it's a clear Biometar/Xenotar
five elements design:
http://araxfoto.com/lenses/vega-12/

The Arax/Arsat/Volna 3 five elments 2.8/80 MF lens with Pentacon Six mount is
also an interesting lens, the design looks a bit different regarding the
Biometar/Xenotar type:
http://araxfoto.com/lenses/arsat-standard/

And then standard lenses with "normal" design were and are used in eastern
Europe widely.-

¡Buscá desde tu celular!

Yahoo! oneSEARCH ahora está en Claro

http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/onesearch