[rollei_list] Back-Focus and Retro-Focus

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:20:10 -0700 (PDT)

----Marc James Small wrote:
<Eric:

<YOU are the one who has consistently raised
<retrofocus lenses as being necessary for normal
<lenses.  You and Carlos have been off on a fast
<run through broken country.  Perhaps the two of
<you mis-spoke but it seemed to this innocent soul
<that the both of you were stating that normal
<(80mm) lenses for medium-format cameras had to be
<of a retrofocus design.  Yes, you said
<this.  Yes, Carlos let this slide.

Marc, since I was discussing trying to demonstrate that the Biometar 2.8/80 was
a normal lens without retrofocus design, my position about this issue is
evident and clear and as you can read in one of my posts, I believed Eric was
joking about this topic. We discussed the retrofocus design for wide angle lens
several times in the past here and a retrofocus design for SLRs wide angle lens
was out of discussion.
Anyway, I'm not sure if some of those complex Planar and Xenotar for SLR
cameras don't have some slight retrofocus effect.-

¡Buscá desde tu celular!

Yahoo! oneSEARCH ahora está en Claro

http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/onesearch