[rollei_list] Re: B&W film developing

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 21:48:45 -0500

At 07:30 PM 5/17/2014, Chris wrote:

"Nikkor being a lens."

Oh, brother.  No wonder I couldn't figure out how to load my film!   :  D

The strange thing is that during the time I used that can I wasn't sure who made it, still don't. I am sure it wouldn't take good pictures, however.

I do have some great binoculars, bought in Japan in 1954 that were copies of the B&L 7X50's used on the ship. I used them when on watch. The brand name is Nippon Kogaku, I think the precursor of Nikon, not sure.

The case is falling apart and the glass is fogged, but Nikon refused to take them in for overhaul. They are, however, out of warranty. They were, when new, just as good as the American version.

DAW