[rollei_list] About some F "white face"... conversions?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 03:35:24 +0000 (GMT)

According the Rollei Factory Repair Manual and the
Rollei Report II from Claus Prochnow, the 12/24
120/220 film counter was introduced in the 3.5F and
2.8F models on 1965, and the new "white face" front
panel on 1970 according that Manual and on 1971
according Prochnow ( it appeared in some list prices
on 1971 and then the slight difference), anyway all F
"white faces" cameras are provided with 12/24 120/220
film counter and regarding the 3.5F all "white face "
cameras are provided with Xenotar 3.5/75 lenses and a
few 2.8F "white face" cameras were provided with
Planar 2.8/80 lenses, afterwards the Xenotar 2.8/80
was also used only.
Along several years I have seen some "white faces"
cameras out of the specifications mentioned above, I
think these cameras have something strange because
most of them also have other features out of specs,
i.e. a supposed "white face" 3.5F without 12/24 film
counter and Planar 3.5/75 lens or a 2.8F also without
12/24 film counter and the semi-circle in the strap
holders, etc., then I suspect -only suspect- these
strange cameras were "converted" into "white face"
cameras using a front cover panel spare part and they
are sold like "white face" cameras increasing their
prices. I have seen some samples again this afternoon,
I'm not saying that the current seller made the
modification, perhaps he believes it's an original
"white face" really, but IMO they are not original
"white faces", it's a simple assumption of course, for
example:
http://www.collectcamera.com/pagesrollei/rolleicam/28f286c.htm

The "white face" quoted above does not have 12/24 film
counter, it seems to have the Planglass holder in the
camera body and the strap-holders have semi-circles,
these features are out of the original 2.8F "white
face" specs, it seems to be an older camera with newer
"white face" front panel cover.
Other example, look for the item 200010295772 on eBay;
this 3.5F "white face" has Planar 3.5/75 lens and does
not have 12/24 film counter and the photographs don't
show the camera body without the back to see if it is
prepared to receive the Planglass; the Planar lens and
the 12/24 film counter lack are out of specs for an
original "white face" model.
Conclusion: Be careful buying a "white face" camera.-

All the best

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!