[rodgersorgan] Re: resgitrations

  • From: "Keith Stiles" <jkstiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:40:20 -0400

Let me add to this discussion a little thought about the digital vs. =
pipe
divide.  Our church recently purchased a Rodgers 751 digital organ.  For =
the
past 5 years I have been playing the church's analog Allen organ made =
about
40 years ago.  No, we don't have pipes but I have to say the music that
comes from this digital organ is simply beautiful.  So I wouldn't rank =
pipe
organs over digital organs by a long stretch.  It is just a different =
form
of an already beautiful musical instrument.  The wonderful lady who sold =
us
our organ plays a Rodgers digital connected to real pipes.  Is it
beautiful!?!  OF course, it is.  But, the organ I play can also produce
beautiful music.  Would I turn down pipes?  Never in a million years.  =
But I
also realize that the cost of true pipe organs is prohibitively high for
smaller churches.  So I would say the digital organ is bringing a =
facsimile
of the sound of a "true pipe" organ to people who may have never =
experienced
it.  That in my book is a true plus!

Keith Stiles

Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com