[rodgersorgan] Re: resgitrations

  • From: WmMTexas@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:38:07 EDT

Oh, you lucky people with a Rodgers Organ to play every Sunday!!!  How very
much I wish I were playing one.  I sincerely hope you realize how fortunate you
are, and your church, to have a Rodgers Organ!
At my church, we have a 22-year old Casavant Pipe.  It is extremely baroque
voicing, very limited as it only has 24-ranks, couplers are almost none, no
MIDI, but here it is part that makes "registration" an art: I have only "3",
count them....."3" general pistons!!!!!
This means I am constantly having to make changes by hand, and even changing
pistons during prayers, etc.  And a few times the combination action has gone
out totally, meaning the entire service was done by hand-registration!
Count your blessings folks!   Now go make music!
William Morris
Houston, Texas
!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com