[retroforth] Re: factoring request

  • From: Charles Childers <crc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:52:38 -0400

>>>How about create-word ?
>>>

>>For me it is acceptable. Very acceptable.
>>

>what about ENTER as in "enter into the dictionary"?
>
>: create bl parse enter ;
>
>I have a feeling that it's the best I can come up with.
>If you don't like it, I'll accept whatever Charles decides.

The problem I have with ENTER is that it could be used equally well in
other areas: think contexts for example:

enter contextname
leave

So ENTER doesn't really describe what it does very well. ENTER-WORD
would work, but that's not too different than CREATE-WORD. Lots of
options here... (For what it's worth, I'm beginning to like
"create-word" as a name for this function. Still plenty of time to
discuss it though, 7.5.0 won't be released until November 1)