[retroforth] Re: factoring request

  • From: "Helmar Wodtke" <helmwo@xxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:35:34 +0200

retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 26.10.04 12:26:12:

> Helmar Wodtke (2004-10-26 12:03):
>
> > -- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --
> >
> > retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 26.10.04 12:01:55:
> > >
> > > Would "new-word" be an acceptible name for this word?
> >
> > Of course :)
>
> oh my ... how bad can it get? ;->

I could live with. Of course it's no good thing to have words with hyphen
inside.

> : create  '" parse creates ;
> does not look that bad, only grammatically upside-down.
> I would expect the new word *after* creates even more than
> with create, the latter being ambiguous whether it's being
> used in a sentence or as imperative.
>
> : create '" parse new-word ;
> is much too free of convenient connotations to be really useful.

Ok. How about word-create

: create '" parse word-create ;

> : create '" parse (create) ;
> however, makes it clear that (create) is the internal part
> of create handling the dictionary details, and that its's
> expecting a string (a n) on the stack.

It's not needed to markup the word as to be an internal part of create. I think
it's too useful as to degrade it this way.

Bis dann,
Helmar
helmwo@xxxxxx

-- Type: text/x-vCard