[retroforth] Re: factoring request

  • From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@xxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:05:31 +0200

Helmar Wodtke (2004-10-26 12:35):

> Ok. How about word-create

we really need to think of a name without hyphens.

> : create '" parse word-create ;
>
> > : create '" parse (create) ;
> > however, makes it clear that (create) is the internal part
> > of create handling the dictionary details, and that its's
> > expecting a string (a n) on the stack.
>
> It's not needed to markup the word as to be an internal part of create. I
> think it's too useful as to degrade it this way.

yes. I do this quite often: make a word work, then factor
it until the whimpering stops. So I get names like (create)
until I can come up with something better.

Boldly going where now one else wants to, I suggest
: create:  32 parse create ;

There, I said it. Now I'll head off for the afternoon
until the flaming stops :-)

later,
s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
|Approximity GmbH               | EDV-Beratung Schmiedl                  |