[retroforth] Re: factoring request

  • From: Charles Childers <crc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:27:53 -0400

>>What's so bad about hyphens? We already have a couple of words (zt-make
>>and zt-free) with hyphens.
>>

>Simply: an entity that's called "word" has no hyphens. As a german I'm used to
>combine words into one word and so I tend to produce words with hyphens. But
>if I can and have the time to, I try to find a word without hyphen. I often
>use the hyphen to simulate something like a context - eg. pdf-xref,
>pdf-pagetree, pdf-... where "pdf" should be an own context. If I have enough
>words with xxx-... , I make a context (or vocabulary) with the name xxx.

That's a good point. I *could* rename zt-make and zt-free to ztmake and
ztfree, but I find that the hyphen makes them a bit more readable. I
guess there's a balancing point to be reached. I don't want to have a
lot of names with a hyphen, but I don't have a problem with a couple of
words using them.

--
Charles