[pythonvis] Re: Text editors

  • From: Zahari Yurukov <zahari.yurukov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 18:30:47 +0300

Hi,
NVDA can report indentation in any editor, and as I can recall JAWS has this option too. Regarding the translation - may be you are right: it will be in separate files, so it might not be a problem. But if you want to use nonascii characters in your code or non latin characters - it is 100% better to use unicode than some other encoding. If you open a file with wrong encoding and save it in another encoding you will break the text. The Unicode encoding is getting you out of this encoding mess.
Of course everyone is free to use whichever editor he/she likes.

Best wishes,
Zahari

На 6.05.2014 17:46, Richard Dinger написа:
I have the same question.
Richard