[python] welding

  • From: BRIAN N SMITH <briannsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:13:56 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Pythonauts,
After 70+ years of cycling I bought a rear-drive under-steer Actionbent
recumbent  <www.actionbent.com> and now have more than 32,000 km virtually
trouble free. It is a delight to ride - so why should I pine for a python? But
I do. Even now in my 81st year.
I have a garage load of scrap bikes and parts but no welding experience and a
budget that will not stretch to TIG nor MIG.
I can buy a "buzz-box" new for $79 or an AC/DC welder for $104.
Is DC a real advantage?
I have some confidence that by sufficient trial and error on scrap tubing I can
teach myself to weld - classes at a distant technical college are not practical
for me.
If any have the time to advise on how "to get my feet wet" I will be most
grateful
Regards to all
Brian in SC USA