[python] Re: welding

  • From: Tom <zzed28@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:44:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Brian,

  I have built a couple of recums, and the best thing I ever did as far as
welding was concerned, was tack it together since I had a buzz box, then take
it to a pro welder.   I can recommend something even better though, also, learn
to build the necessary jigs out of wood and take the works to a prowelder.

Even though a pro does the work, without a good jig, youre likely to have
things welded slightly off location and then either cut apart to reweld or
straighten the parts manually.  The pieces for a python are likely to be
difficult to tweak manually without a lot of help.