[python] Re: max downhill speed

  • From: "Paul Bell" <paulb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:23:15 -0400 (EDT)

> The idea of Ray of putting weights on the spokes could be a nice and
> easy experiment to settle if the gyroscopic effect is friend or foe.
>
>>> May be this effect has nothing to do with the trail being negative. But
>>> just that on centered steered bikes the effect is stronger ---just like
>>> that loading heavy bagage on a centered steered bike is immediatly >>>felt.

If any tall guy has a set of motorcycle wheels kicking around they could build
a Python around these wheels. That would be one slick looking machine huh! but
would definitely prive how much gyroscopic affect works on a Python !

Me with my 28 inch (71 cm) inseam will need probably a 20 inch wheel at max.

Cheers,

Paul Bell
Val Des Mont
Quebec