[python] Re: cruzbike

  • From: "Dirk Jan Luiting" <dj.luiting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:07:35 +0100

Hi Brian, Pythonautes,

not to lure you away from making a python,
(which is by far more interesting)
here is my "cruzbike", i called it camelbike for the obvious reason
you sit between 2 humps, and because i got to this design via the python.
you dont need a cruzbike kit for that, only 2 bikes.
some description is here;
http://www.nupi.nl/index.php?id=8abf5c5a9e
here is an italian guy who found my page and did a similar thing
http://www.nupi.nl/index.php?id=aa552a63ec
dont let this keep you from building a python though.

friendly greetings,
Dirk Jan

On 1/23/07, ****** <bb1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cruzbikes  <www.cruzebike.com> are being home-built by many. Kits are
available.
Essentially they consist of the frame of a "girl's" bike with front and
rear wheels swapped. The rear fork with attached bottom bracket is
positioned over the front hub and firmly attached to the steering head
below the handle bars. A seat is then added in the "hollow" of the
female frame.
Seems to satisfy many.

I have corresponded with a few owners asking if the cruzbike can be
ridden hands-off.  Most say no, but a few state they are quite
comfortable doing figure of 8's and circles in a large deserted area,
but like to keep at least one hand on the bars in traffic.

I'm tempted to make a cruzbike in order to have a "learning platform"
for eventual transition to a python. I don't choose to leap into a
python project right away because of the more demanding construction
required. BUT for me the python remains the ultimate.

Regards to all,
Brian Smith in S Carolina, USA