[python] Re: cruzbike

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:44:47 -0500

Well, the nice thing about a swing boom being made out of an existing bike
is you just use what's already there.  If you start re-bending fork legs and
chopping head tubes to adjust angle and traill, it's probably easier to
build from scratch.  The two guys that have the swing booms said they'd sent
me some photos, but who knows when that'll be.  For the one I was going to
make, I was simply going to extend the FD tube up and connect it to the fork
crown instead of running it up to the handle bars.

| It looks like that has a steering head angle of about 90 degrees and a
large rake. Is that right?Traylor's plans call for an angle of 65 degrees
and a rake of 1 inch, I think. How did you choose those steering parameters?
I'd really like to see any more information you can provide, as I'm
preparing to build one of these, probably this weekend, and I had planned on
using the parameters above. I'm especially interested in the details of the
joint between the front fork and the dropouts for the front wheel. Thanks
for the photo and info.