[python] Re: cruzbike

  • From: Jürgen Maier <juermaier@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:02:53 +0100

> > | the Cruzbike is a Tom Traylor (TT) clone and the easiest-to-build
> > | recumbents I know. I reckon that one always needs some "arm action"
> > | to counteract the pedal induced steering, but I am sure one gets
> > | used to it.

> > | Once Jürgen Maier has built a TT-clone and I wonder how he is getting
> > | along with it in the meantime. Any others here in this list with
> > | Cruzbike experiences?
> > |
> > | Cheers,
> > | Jürgen.

I agree with Jürgen, riding a TT or cruzbike is like skating, i have to push
forward and
sidewards.
On my TT testbike i could move the frontwheel forward and backward, so > a - b <
changed (look at the attached drawing).
When a is same than b the pedal induced steering force disappears, even better
when
a is bigger than b.
a and b are the leverarms and the hub serves as turning point, when you look
from the top.

Greetings Jürgen Maier