[python] Re: airbike hammock seat

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 10:06:21 +0200

as far as I know the airbike seat is one of a paraglider. Maybe one
knows were to get these. It could avoid a lot of unnecessary work (and
hopefully they are not too expensive).

Hallo Peter and Olaf,

I think you agree with me that the airbike seat is quite a
good one, though not as comfy and rigid as a good
rigid recumbent seat and maybe heavier too.

The support tubes below the thighs are cushioned with
a foam tube. On longer tours I felt that this is not
sufficient because they press into the thighs.
Therefore I used a padded plywood plate for the python
to provide a large-surface support.

The airbike seat is made of Cordura and Nylon belts
that are adjustable. The seat helps a lot when the
bike has to be folded
http://www.python-lowracer.de/airbike/a025.jpg
but is not so good when you want to push the
bike uphills.

Schönen Tag noch ...