[python] Re: airbike hammock seat

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 22:56:07 +0200

Dirk, I have been using this seat for 3 years on my hurri so I know the 'flat seat angle' feeling ... this is not it.

On the python my body moves completely differently from when I ride an ordinary recumbent. And hence the seat is experienced differently.

Flevo bike requires similar body movements but I believe the flevo seat is better adjusted for knicklenker use. However, I am not a fan of the Flevo seat either ...

olaf

On May 14, 2005, at 22:15, Dirk Bonne wrote:

Jürgen Mages wrote:

I have done almost 100 km on Monty now and this is the only major
problem so far, on the other hand it seems to become more tiring the
longer I ride.

Would be interesting if Dirk has a similar experience.
To me this is totally new.

Errm.. no, I cannot share the experience ;-)

I have been riding on that seat since many many years (I move the seat
from one recumbent to the next), and the only times I had upper back
strain I had is when I put the seat too flat out. In such a case the
support that the challenge seat gives to the upper back is not enough.

I am now at the limit of the comfortable seat angle, and if I would put
my seat only a few degrees down, I would get tense in the upper back. So
it is really -in my case- a matter of small adjustment.

Dirk