[python] TT geometry changed

  • From: juermaier@xxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:33:27 +0200

on my TT prototype I changed the position of the front-wheel. The wheel is now
8 cm nearer to
the bb, as you can see on the photo, (TT 3).

The side forces while pedaling are now less than on the former TT because the
distances
(pivot-hub) and (hub-bb) have now the same length. The hanging pendulum of the
python still
makes pedaling smoother because it counteracts the pedaling forces. But on TT 3
it is now
nearly comfortable to go off hands.

The wheel flop has also decreased, because the positive trail is now 3 cm,
(former 10 cm).
Downhill-ability is still good, 50 km max speed is no problem.

Turning radius is good, 2 meter and the bike is very agile (with handlebars)

I will put the front wheel another few cm nearer to the bb and I am courious
how it will ride.

Cheers Jürgen Maier
Der folgende Teil dieser Nachricht enthält einen Anhang im
sogenannten Internet MIME Nachrichtenformat.
Wenn Sie Pegasus Mail oder ein beliebiges anderes MIME-kompatibles
Email-System verwenden, sollte Sie den Anhang mit Ihrem Email-System
speichern oder anzeigen können. Anderenfalls fragen Sie Ihren Administrator.

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,

   ---- Datei Information/File information -----------
     Datei/File:  TT proto 3cm klein.JPG
     Datum/Date:  12 May 2005, 16:50
     Größe/Size:  166234 bytes.