[python] Re: airbike hammock seat

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 22:15:21 +0200

Jürgen Mages wrote:

>> I have done almost 100 km on Monty now and this is the only major
>> problem so far, on the other hand it seems to become more tiring the
>> longer I ride.
>

> Would be interesting if Dirk has a similar experience.
> To me this is totally new.

Errm.. no, I cannot share the experience ;-)

I have been riding on that seat since many many years (I move the seat
from one recumbent to the next), and the only times I had upper back
strain I had is when I put the seat too flat out. In such a case the
support that the challenge seat gives to the upper back is not enough.

I am now at the limit of the comfortable seat angle, and if I would put
my seat only a few degrees down, I would get tense in the upper back. So
it is really -in my case- a matter of small adjustment.

Dirk