[python] airbike hammock seat

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:47:11 +0200

Hi Olaf,

The ride was so enjoyable and I love the thought of having the bike this summer and learning to ride it really well. There is something about the challenge that inspires me. On a common recumbent, once you are stable on it all you can do is trying to go faster and faster. Speed is not stimulating me, but I am not afraid of speed either. It is simply not a big enough challenge. That is perhaps why I during the past year have done more unicycling than any other cycling.

There is lots of truth in these words. I think center-steered bikes offer much more metaphysical qualities than others. Once I read that you call your flevo your "Abend-Bike". I am calling my python "meditation machine" or "mind machine" ;-)

Anyway, back to the bike. My complaints are small: The rear mudguard is too short so I get sprayed dirt water down my neck.

I mounted rubber flaps as splash guards on both fenders.

Oh yes, the seat is not ideal. On a regular recumbent the perforated alu-seats from Challenge are among the best, but here on a knicklenker it is different. It is too hard and rigid. I would appreciate something more flexible.

OK - I understood the hint ;-) Hier are close up pictures of the airbike seat shot from below. The rear hinge is partially disassembled.

http://www.python-lowracer.de/airbike/a098.jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/airbike/a099.jpg