[pure-silver] Re: women's cameras (WAS Re: Re: Nikon users?)

  • From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:11:44 -0500

they were called  the "Series E lenses" and were regarded as generally
very competent.  some people have observed that their construction
standards are probably similar to those of consumer lenses of today.
some earlier examples of the series E were cosmetically designed to look
different from the nikkors, but by the end of the line, they looked a
lot like the "real" nikkors.  my FG came with a series E 1.8.

one lens in particular, the 75-150 3.5 series E, had somewhat of a
reputation of being a stellar performer and in the late 80's i hunted
a NIB one and it molders in my closet to this day. :-)

http://www.shinozuka.org/wtc/wtcindex.html

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@xxxxxxxxx