[pure-silver] women's cameras (WAS Re: Re: Nikon users?)

  • From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:26:42 -0500

an amusing fact, from nikon's japanese website:

http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/eng/portfolio/about/history/cousins/cousins11-e.htm

  The Nikon EM (Photo) was developed as a small, cute, easy-to-use "SLR
  Camera for Women", appealing to a market whose needs were not being
  met sufficiently by conventional heavy, "uncute" SLR cameras on the
  market at the time.

Guigiaro, following on the success of the F3, had designed the
EM, and its tiny add-on MD-E winder's rhomboid profile was a take
off on the F3's 6 fps MD4.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@xxxxxxxxx