[pure-silver] selenium meter in the sun

  • From: Dennis <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 14:13:22 -0700

My 2.8F Rolleiflex has it’s original selenium meter from about 1970 or so. It
has always checked out perfectly in agreement with my newer digital meter.
Today I took it outside in the blinding sun just to compare the meters again to
see if they still agree on the light bouncing off my white garage door and they
do. However as I walked in the sun I had the camera cradled in the crook of
my arm without thinking about it and after awhile I noticed that I was aiming
the meter directly at the Sun !! Now I know I ruined my old Nikon FTn meter
by accidentally aiming it at the sun, the needle went all the way over and
never came back. So I am wondering if it is possible to ruin the Selenium
meter on my 2.8F that way. After I did it today I re checked and it seemed
just fine.

thanks
unsubscribe from there.