[pure-silver] Re: selenium meter in the sun

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 08:23:59 -0500

On 07/09/2015 03:43 AM, C.Breukel@xxxxxxx wrote:

Tim and Richard,

What batteries do you use in your Lunar Pro's ? I still use my precious last
Mercury batteries, but what than ? I heard about Weinn cells, but they did
not seem to last long

Best,

Cor

On some Luna Pros, I use a silver oxide battery converter like the
one sold by CRIS and by Bogen themselves.

On the Luna-Pros I've just finished redoing, I recalibrated them internally
to use a modern silver oxide 1.5V battery (S625PX). Silver Oxide behaves
much like the old Mercury batteries in that it holds full voltage right
to the end of life. Never use an Alkaline because they have a sloping
voltage dropoff over their lifetime. The recalibration is necessary because
of the higher voltage of the newer batteries.