[pure-silver] Re: developers for Ilford warm tone papers

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 00:37:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

-----Original Message-----

    I have not done any darkroom work for a while so this is old information.
Dektol has the reputation of producing greenish tinges on many papers, I don't
know why. Bromophen uses Phenidone in place of Metol and tends to produce
slightly cooler and more neutral colors on most papers. It should give similar
results to PQ. I am not sure if it also has benzotriazole in it but its a more
effective anti-foggant for Phenidone developers so they tend to have it in
place of, or in addition to, bromide. Benzotrizole also tends to produce
slightly bluer or more neutral colors.  Dektol is very reliable but is not
always the optimum developer.