[pure-silver] Re: contrast changes

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:01:39 -0600

Shanon, Light falls off with the square of the distance. If you measure the
actual distance from the negative to easel for both. Doing the math might
give you more to work with but it is also quite possible that light spill,
paper changes, temp, age of developer etc are all at work.  When variations
come to visit, it is best to gain a more acute awareness of all the little
things.  Then you can apply them to the data. So is it optical illusion or
real density difference? if so, what caused it? light change, paper change,
etc. Don't over look your timer. Is it digital? analog? Voltage change?
heaters and cooling system sometimes draw quite a bit and if they are on the
same circuit life is not kind.

Variations from batch to batch might indicate different things than
variations within a batch? are you seeing one or both?

Eric Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226