[pure-silver] contrast changes

  • From: Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:51:12 -0600

I've been making "work prints" for the first time: that is, enlarging to a print on 8x10 paper and getting contrast right before bumping up to the more expensive 11x14. Usually this works pretty well. But in my last printing session, it didn't: the big print looked a lot "flatter" than the little print, which looked fine, at the same paper grade.

I guess I could have agitated less, but I made two big prints and made a point of agitating the second one so that this wouldn't be a problem. Could larger paper be subtly different in contrast? Or could a bigger print just "look" flatter?

--shannon

http://shannonstoney-twors.blogspot.com/
http://branguslane.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shannonstoney/