[pure-silver] Re: analyzer pro and chromega lamphouse

  • From: RH Designs <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:56:04 +0000

David Starr wrote:

 >I'm not totally sure, but you may have to operate a relay with the Analyzer
 >and use the relay contacts to turn on the Chromegatrol.  This would require
 >the Chromegatrol to be in focus mode so the Analyzer could control the time.

That is basically how we interface to the DeVere unit - the relay or
whatever is internal to the Transtab, and applying mains voltage to the
relevant pins on the big connector on the back turns the lamp on.  The
Analyser, like just about every enlarger timer, simply acts as a controlled
mains power on/off switch and can indeed be used to power a relay if
required.  LPL 5x4 enlargers also use such a system.

 >I'm presently using a Saunders digital timer with a Chromega power supply
 >and stabilizer, but I do have a Chromegatrol as well and was thinking about
 >modifying it as I mentioned above.  Please keep me posted on any other info
 >you receive on this.

As and when we sort this out I'll post the answers, and update the support
area of our web site.

Regards
Richard

Richard Ross, BSc, PhD, LRPS
RH Designs - Fine Darkroom and Digital Imaging Equipment

  *  Tel/fax: 01969 667776

  *  http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk
  *  mailto:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx