[pure-silver] Re: analyzer pro and chromega lamphouse

  • From: RH Designs <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:52:44 +0000

Bert S wrote:
 > From your description I believe the main problem is going to be that the
 >Analizer Pro is not capable of driving a reactive load. That is what a
voltage
 >stabilizer is. It should not be used with an enlarger that has a transformer
 >to light the lamp.

The Analyser is designed to work with reactive loads - most dichroic
enlargers, at least in the UK, use a step-down transformer to power a low
voltage bulb.  Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Chromegatrol unit;
the DeVere Transtab unit (the voltage stabiliser/transformer for DeVere
enlargers) can accept an external timer and we offer a suitable interface
cable, but without more knowledge of the Chromegatrol I can't offer
definitive advice.  Louie - if you send me the wiring diagram I may be able
to help further.

 >Or you could write to RH directly. They recently changed their URL, I will
 >look it up for you. You may want to try www.rhdesigns.com in case that
address
 >is still alive.

It is, but it's not us :-)  www.rhdesigns.co.uk is the one you want, and
it's been the same for quite a number of years now.

Best
Richard

Richard Ross, BSc, PhD, LRPS
RH Designs - Fine Darkroom and Digital Imaging Equipment

  *  Tel/fax: 01969 667776

  *  http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk
  *  mailto:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx