[pure-silver] Re: a recent problem with fine dust on negs

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:17:46 -0400

Just one thing I noted on the sample image. The spots seemed most prominent in
the areas of the negative slightly above mid grey, and visual absent in the
very dark areas of the image. This would lead me to suspect a problem with the
developer whereby something was giving rise to slightly enhanced development at
these points, which would be most prominent where the characteristic curve of
the film was rising steepest. Thus I suspect the developer.
All the best
Larry cuffe