[pure-silver] Re: a recent problem with fine dust on negs

  • From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:46:48 -0700

It also may not go away either.  County water comes from a different water source that may not necessarily be better, and often have far more additives that who can know how things would react to in some manner.

The distilled water will tell you quickly.  If everything else is the same and you use distilled water and the problem disappears, there is your answer.  One thing I would add to Tim's great advise is before you begin processing, since you are hanging the negs in the shower, run a hot shower long enough to get the bathroom good and steamy.  Then turn the water off and let everything settle down.  The water vapor should take all the dust and other particles that might be in the air, and when it condenses on something it pulls the dust or what ever with it.  If there were something in the bathroom, it should help.  My guess is the water though.