[pure-silver] Re: a recent problem with fine dust on negs

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:24:16 -0700

Janet,

Where do you dry your film?  Out in the open?  In a closed dryer?  ???

Jim

On Jul 23, 2009, at 3:40 PM, Janet Cull wrote:

On Jul 23, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Jean-David Beyer wrote:

I was about to suggest something similar.  It almost looks like some
of the chemistry was not completely dissolved - a condition caused
by mixing the chemistry with water that is too cold.

But the first roll I found to have this problem was processed in developer that had been mixed for some time. I was getting near the bottom of the gallon of D76, so it couldn't have been that. Same with all other chemicals used.

The example I showed of the girl w/her animals was from the roll processed in newly mixed developer, but the problem did show up before.