[pure-silver] Re: Wife brings home a garage sale camera

  • From: "Mark Blackwell" <markb1958@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:40:40 -0400

Well the one adaptor is $15 which is more than she paid for the camera. It was $10 and another $5 for a slide projector that at least seems to work. An Argus I believe.

I shouldn't bother but I know I probably will at some point buy the adaptor. The electronic shutter won't work without it. Probably be better off buying film but if I am going to collect a camera I would rather it be a camera I could use if I wanted to.

I am going to check around first to make sure someone doesn't make a battery that would work before going to the adaptor route. A $5 battery long term wouldn't make sense if a $15 dollar adapter lets it take AA or AAA, but to see if the camera is even worth messing with it does.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>