[pure-silver] Re: Wife brings home a garage sale camera

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 15:46:03 -0400

<quote who=Jim MacKenzie] date=[05/06/2006 15:39/>

> Obviously voltage is not the only issue with your meter.  You might be
> stuck with using zinc-air batteries (which are also 1.35 volts).  It is
> possible that they won't work correctly either, though, if they are more
> similar to an adapted silver oxide cell than a mercuric oxide one.

   Those zinc-air batteries worked really well. I had great results with
those.. EXCEPT for the fact that they cost a fortune and don't last very
long.

   After the Honeywell Spot Meter fiasco, I decided to never again buy a
device that takes batteries that are no longer sold. As cheap as those
devices may be, it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to find batteries
for them.

   I rid of the entire mess on Ebay and then sold my left arm and got a
Pentax digital. The arm is slowly growing back and the meter works Fab.

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca