[pure-silver] Re: Toner for chocolate brown tone

  • From: Agnes <frcontrone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:41:58 -0800 (PST)

Richard I just read and accidentally deleted the second post you made.  You are
following more what is a sepia type of toner.  What I did was take a regular
print.  I selenium toned it first.  I let it go to just right before it would
turn that weird eggplant purple.  Then I stuck it into a tray of dilute
potassium ferricynide.  It did not bleach at all.  It just turned a funky
bright dark orange.  I didn't redevelope it.  I just washed it from that point.
 It was during the washing that the color turned the rich dark chocolate brown.
 We are using different methods and different chemicals.  I'm for what ever
works for a person.  Toning is a fun thing to experiment with.  Takes me back
to the flames tests in chem classes.I've been wondering if some of the other
metals from those same flame tests would produce some interesting colors.

  Aggie