[pure-silver] Re: Toner for chocolate brown tone

  • From: Agnes <frcontrone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:20:21 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Tim,  I literally just played with what was told to me to be a no-no
thing to do when selective bleaching.  I had some extra prints, and was using
them as tests strips.  I freaked when the first print turned bright orange.  To
say I was a bit freaked is not enough.  My screams can wake the dead.  I
screamed loud enough I scared all the other students in two rooms away.  I was
going to save that test strip to show people what not to do.  so I washed it
and once it dried I was amazed.  Guess I need to play more with it to get those
other tones.  Tell you what Tim, Bring some examples to LA in April.  I would
love to see what you did.  As always you are a wellspring of knowledge.

  Aggie

Tim Rudman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Hi Aggie
  just home from a trip and picked up this thread. This is the basis of
'Chinese prints' but that process goes further by using strong bleach. If a
strong enough bleach (like iodine) it ultimately gives the bright orange of
selenium after removing all the black silver, but there are many colours in
between (see my toning book, pages 52/53)
  Tim