[pure-silver] Re: Sally Mann lecture in Houston

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:25:35 -0500

On Mar 25, 2007, at 3:35 PM, Shannon Stoney wrote:

This is just inexcusable. I think that the fine arts culture is too often so worried about being hip and about frightening the bourgeoisie and being "transgressive" that it doesn't see when it is being abusive and crossing a line that should not be crossed. I don't think the art world should countenance this k ind of stuff. Does that make me a Jesse Helms look-alilke? I don't think so.

Oooh, I do so agree with you! And I'm proud of you for daring to say so in a forum of artists.

Janet Cull