[pure-silver] Re: Replacement bellows for full plate camera

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:19:19 -0800

Western Bellows Company
7454 Henbane Street
Etiwanda, Ca. 91739
email.  westernbellows@xxxxxxx
phone. 909 980-0606
Contact Jim Ormond.

Flexible Products Co.
14504 60th St. N.
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727) 536-3142
(800) 551-3766
Fax: (727) 535-1295
http://www.flexproducts.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joe Merry
Turner Bellows Inc.
526 Child Street
Rochester NY, 14606
(716) 235-4456 x202
jmerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.turnerbellows.com

I had a bellows for an 8x10 Agfa/Ansco camera made by Flexible Products some years ago. Service was very good but the workmanship left something to be desired. However, the bellows worked and are still on the camera.

I've seen one bellows by Western Bellows, on a 5x7 Burke & James camera. It was fine.

Everything I've heard about English Bellows suggests it was the best of the bunch. Presumably, the fellows who are continuing the business can deliver equal quality. English Bellows was the only one who would work in leather but, unless you want leather for appearance, synthetic is superior.