[pure-silver] Re: I'm seeing spots!

  • From: "KJG" <kjg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:45:20 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for all your suggestions.   Some of them are already  part of my
routine.  In this case, I prewet with tap water (cooled to 20C) for 1 min
with vigorous banging to dislodge any bubbles.  I've been mixing the
developer with distilled water ever since we moved to Tucson.  When I add
the developer I agitate and bang the heck out of it for the first 30 sec.
No swamp cooler, just A/C, but the vent is near my drying line.  Film was
not repackaged, and had a 2009 date on it.

The bubbles in fixer is an interesting thought, and I'll try re-fixing.
That would explain increased density, but I'm surprised that I wouldn't
see it in the clear parts of the film.  I have another roll from the same
batch I need to soup.  We'll see how that works.

Thanks, again!

--Kurt