[pure-silver] Re: Good acutance and tonality for HP5+ 120 format

  • From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:33:56 +1000

Hi Richard,
Thanks for your comprehensive reply. I think the optimal choice for my
requirements is Xtol because:

   1. I don't require exceptionally fine grain of Perceptol (at the expense
   of losing 1 stop of speed)
   2. There have been no suggestions that Perceptol will give better
   acutance than Xtol
   3. And even if they did, because I'm using 120 size film, any differences
   in the acutance will be much less noticeable in comparison to using 35mm
   film.

regards
Peter