[pure-silver] Re: Fog

  • From: "Leigh Solland (on Webmail)" <solland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:42:36 -0600

Quoting Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>:

> >----- Original Message ----- From: "Shannon Stoney" <sstoney@xxxxxxx>

Shannon, I think that is a bad idea.  The "shiny area" is plated so that it
will be slippery for the film to slide across.  Painting it will make it less
slippery and tighter, which may lead to scratching.

It is presumably all on the back side of the film, so the anti-halation
coating on the film will keep the light from bouncing around.

Is it possible that you either (a) shot into the sun on some shots, without a
lens hood or other means of blocking the light, and got lens flare? (this
would indeed be worse with an uncoated lens), or (b) have a shutter that is
intermittently sluggish, that allows too much light in on some frames?

Good luck,
Leigh