[pure-silver] Re: Fog

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:44:56 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shannon Stoney" <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:50 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Fog

Yes, I think it happens more when I am shooting into the sun. I wondered if the uncoated lens would make this worse. i do this sometimes with modern lenses and it causes moderate flare, sometimes UFO type objects appearing in the negative.

--shannon

Uncoated lenses will produce flare and sometimes ghost images of bright objects in the frame. Coating makes this better but may not completely get rid of it. If the sun is included in a picture you are bound to get some flare from it because it is so bright. Lens shades will not help, they mostly serve to control the extra-image illumination.
It would be helpful to know more about the pictures you get this effect on. Is there a web site you can post them too? If not try joining the Rollei Gallerie site (free), there is a link to it on Ferde Sutterheim's site that I sent you the URL to. Seeing what you are getting would make it a lot easier to figure out the cause.
If you post the camera serial number I can identify the camera. Unless its extremely old it should be under the Rollei name below the finder shade. It would also help to know the type of lens and lens serial number.

---