[pure-silver] Re: De-ionised versus distilled water for XTOL

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:53:11 +0100

I too use Protectan (or simply butane/propane gaz) where I cannot use different
bottle sizes (i.e. color chems like for E-6).

For Xtol, I prefer the approach of having different brown glass bottles
(pharmacy type) *fully* filled.
No air is better than trying to replace it by another gaz.

Another point, Xtoll keeps very well when ... dry in its original pack and it's
pretty cheap (B&H: 10$ / 5 liters), so I'm not really worried if I need to dump
a small part of it ...

Claudio Bonavolta
www.bonavolta.ch