[pure-silver] Re: Basic Chemistry

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:08:54 -0700

As a theoretical chemist, I'm perfectly happy with this solution, as a lab rat
I'd point out that the time to reach the given temperature is, in principle,
infinite!
I'd use higher or lower temperatures than described and monitor the temperature
of my target solution until it got there. Back to the original question
solutions should warm up or cool down with equal facility, however its much
easier to get water a lot higher than your target temperature than to get it a
lot lower. One other trick, if you want to speed things up use a reseal-able
plastic bag to hold your solution, it gives you a larger surface area and a
much thiner barrier between the two liquids.
All the best
Larry Cuffe
ps. I don't want to knock Nicholas's solution, I've always been impressed by
his contributions, and in this case I was also impressed by the speed with
which he produced it.