[pure-silver] Re: Basic Chemistry

  • From: "Peter Badcock" <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:15:58 +1000

BTW for those of you who wonder how this sub-thread affects the proposed
formula or the practical implementation of it, well it doesn't !   This
sub-thread is entirely academic in nature.

OK, so onto the sub-thread at hand, I think I see the misunderstanding
between Nicholas and myself re. scale and offset.
I should have initially said that degC is just offset "relative to degK"
rather than "relative to absolute zero".  Sorry for the confusion.  I trust
you now agree with me that degC is simply offset relative to degK while degF
is both offset and scales relative to degK.

regards
Peter