[pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:46:51 -0500

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 03:37, Stein wrote:

> one separately. But commercial labs print negs with machines that
> automatically advance the film strips....right? How do they get each one in
> focus?

        But are they really focused? I always thought they went for a touch
soft to
help cover up for some of the less then perfect lenses used in low end
cameras.

>     And wouldn't it be a nice feature if the Fujimoto had a finer focussing
> mechanism for each negative? Suggestions?

        Is the enlarger really locked down? Or is it drifting a bit between
negatives? I know with my old Durst I can leave a negative for weeks in there
and it'll be perfectly focused. The Beseler won't manage a few hours using
the same test. Not a real issue since my exposures aren't quite that long -)
but it shows the lens is slowly moving.

        Nick