[pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:31:21 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: <afterswift@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:22 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

Dick,

I think you're too modest and hard on yourself. Get a second opinion. Kodak recommends a double fixer treatment. Besides, you still have your negatives from which to make a fresh series of your best images. It all boils down to doing the sustained work. Good work translates into immortality. Remember most of us aren't creating platinum prints. Maybe we need the commitment to photography that Stieglitz and his friends had at the turn of the 20th century.

Bob