[pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:44:39 +0900

Dear Bob,

     You're right of course - the negs are still there. Except the ones made in
the late 60's on Agfa CN film. They seem to have been visited by colour
destroying artistic aliens.

    My real quest - the one after the quest for the perfect print
format/negative combination and the one for how to get the pinup girls to look
like Vargas paintings - is for a way to make a comprehensive collection of all
my work and have it tie into a unified field of artistic vortices of paradigms
and value-added omigod stop me I'm typing outofcontrol.....

    Gasp. What I really want to figure out is how to avoid ending up like a
picture of Edward Steichen that I saw. You know Mr. Steichen - white haired old
gentleman with a cigar, etc. The picture series I remember showed him perched
on a bed looking over some of his old prints. They were contained a pile of old
paper boxes and dog eared envelopes and the whole thing looked SO sad.

    On reflection, I realise that his life's work was not in those boxes - it
was spread out in innumerable publications and exhibitions and such - but I
really don't want all my images to end up in the stained old paper boxes.

     So I am always trying out new mounting and storage ideas. The commercial
boxes and albums are fine in some cases but the prices are too high to use for
all my pictures. I am currently folding up my own mini-folios in slipcases and
I hope that this will clear up some of the backlog. I dearly want to reprint
some of my student work and this time do it right.

Uncle Dick